Walk with us through UC Davis’ “Dream Big” exhibition at the state fair. [ more… ]
Celebrate at the fair
About the California State Fair
Friday, Aug. 15-Labor Day, Sept. 1 (this year the fair returns to an every-day schedule; i.e., 18 days in a row, with no Monday closures).
Noon-10 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Friday-Sunday and Labor Day
- Exhibit buildings close at 10 p.m.
- Magnificent Midway open 2-11 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 10 a.m.-midnight Friday-Sunday and Labor Day
- Kaiser Permanente Kids Park open noon-10 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 10 a.m.-11 p.m. Friday-Sunday and Labor Day
Cal Expo, 1600 Exposition Blvd., off Business 80 (Capital City Freeway), Sacramento
- Discount tickets available online (bigfun.org) through Aug. 13: $8 general admission, $6 for seniors 62 and up, $5 for children ages 5-12 and $29.95 for a Poppy Pak (four general admission tickets and one parking pass). Children 4 and under get in free.
- After Aug. 13 (at the gate): $10 general admission, $8 for seniors 62 and up and $6 for children ages 5-12. Children 4 and under get in free.
- Kids Day is every Tuesday: free admission all day for ages 12 and under.
Telephone: (916) 263-3000 or 263-FAIR (3247), or (877) CAL-EXPO (toll-free)